Monday, March 26, 2007

How Do You Come Up With Ideas?

Have you ever laid in bed at night and all of the sudden an idea hits you and you hop out of bed, grab your pen and paper and jot it down? That happens to me at times and if it happens to you I definitely recommend keeping a pad and paper on your night stand. While were at it, it's also a good idea to keep one in your car, in your purse and anywhere else these ideas may hit you. Especially since they can come at anytime.

Another way to come up with ideas other than them just popping in your head at any given moment would be to brainstorm. Now when I brain storm it usually leads to more than just a nice southern breeze. More often than not it turns into a major event. I find those little national guard guys are quickly called up and running around my brain trying to keep order.

I find to avoid chaos when brainstorming or when an idea hits me, is to write everything down. Simply jotting down ideas and thoughts can present you with a starting map to keep your idea on track. Otherwise it's easy for the "storm" to get out of control and leave you feeling mentally tired and truly unfocused. If that happens you may find you lose the foundation of the initial idea altogether and you don't want that.

A few questions to ask yourself as your jotting down your thoughts and ideas is:

- What is the purpose?
- Who will it benefit?
- Is there a market?
- Is it easy enough to implement?
- Is there any costs involved?
- What type of timeframe will I be working with?
- What is the end result I am after?

Keep those ideas coming and with a bit of focus you can turn those brain storms into great business successes!

Your Friend and E-preneur,

Kelle Arvay

No comments: