Monday, February 12, 2007

Teaching Opportunity

I was recently approached by a non-profit group locally to teach a class to low income woman on how to start their own internet business. The group provides computer access to the woman and some start up resources.

What an honor! While I haven't accepted the position I'm definitely intrigued and very humbled by this opportunity to reach out and help others in my community.

I truly believe that anyone, regardless of their income or status in their community can start their own business online and be successful at it. Many of these woman have some computer skills but they lack guidance and direction on just how to go about starting their own business.

The goal would be to give them the skills and help them determine what their niche is. Many of these women come from extremely poor circumstances. Something that I can relate to on a very personal level. As I too have walked in their shoes and there was a time in my life when I wasn't sure how I would pay my bills or if we would have enough food. However, the experience of that was a huge blessing for me and I will always remain humble because of it.

The more information I find out about this teaching opportunity the more I feel a strong pull to offer whatever guidance I can. While I don't view myself as expert nor a success story. I do know that any of these women are capable of finding their own success. All they need a little guidance. Can you imagine what having their own business could do for these women? Not only would it give them a sense of pride but it would offer them a way to gain their own independance.

What about you? Do you know someone in your life that you could help? Maybe you know someone that has a skill but just doesn't know how to turn that skill into a business? Are there things you have learned that you could share with others?

If you have blessed with any form of success in your business, wouldn't it be wonderful to "give back"? That is what I hope to do and hopefully along the way I can help someone.

Your Friend and Fellow Epreneur,

Kelle Arvay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what an awesome opportunity. I wish you the best of luck with your business. I definately thinking giving back to others is a part of being successful.