Thursday, December 28, 2006

Goals for 2007

I've never been one to set New Year's resolutions but rather map out goals for the coming year. 2006 has been just an incredible year for me with so many new things happening and just the goals that I've reached thus far.

As I reflect on this past year I also think about what I want to accomplish in 2007. I think it's important to not only take time out to look back on what you've done in the previous year but think about what things you want to accomplish going forward into the new year.

During the month of December I've really been thinking about what goals I want to focus on reaching in 2007. There's a couple main ones that stand out among the rest after I reflect on 2006. One of those is to become even more organized. I've really learned so much over the past year and am proud to say my organizational skills have improved dramatically. But I'd like to improve them even more going forward.

Since I own more than one business it's very easy for things to get chaotic if organization isn't established. I think the biggest challenge has been to keep track of what each business needs and the tasks that need to be done in the near future for each business. Staying on track has been probably the biggest challenge for me and learning to be talented at multi tasking.

I think with my personality, that of someone who enjoys challenges and multi tasks, that has helped me some. However, even individuals who are multi taskers by nature can get to a point where they reluctantly come to the realization that they simply cannot do it all.

That brings me to my second goal for the coming year. I would like to start outsourcing a few of the tasks for my business. I've talked a bit before in one of my articles about how business owners, especially online business owners can find themselves silently suffering from "Super Woman" (or man) syndrome. Most of us certainly wouldn't admit it however. But it happens and I honestly think recognizing this and doing something about it is the best defense. Otherwise, ones business can actual suffer from trying to do it all by yourself.

So in the coming year I'll be seeking out some outsourcing and hopefully I can find a couple wonderful individuals to work for me. This in itself is not a easy task and may take some time to find just the right individuals.

I have two brand new websites/businesses launching in 2007. So this too prompts me to really look into outsourcing some of the tasks. I think outsourcing will certainly free up some of my time to be able to focus my efforts more on marketing my businesses and also utilize the extra time for implementing new concepts and ideas. Of course as well as spend more time with my family.

I was just reading a great blog post by Kelly McCausey and she also touches on the topic of goals for the coming year. If you'd like to read her latest blog post you can view it here: http://www.wahmtalkradio.com/blog

Your Friend and Fellow E-prenuer,
Kelle Arvay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great article Kelle!
I love your idea of having goals not resolutions. Resolutions always seem doomed to fail.

Happy New Year!
Kim